Here are some quick driving tips that can greatly enhance your winter driving skills and help you remain accident free in any type of bad weather conditions.
1. Make sure you car is ready for winter by doing a full inspection in the fall. See here for 10 tips to winterize you car and yourself.
2. Stay updated of weather conditions by listening to local weather reports prior to leaving the house. It is also important to know what different weather warnings mean:
3. Be Prepared for Driving by:
4. Avoid collisions
5. Maintain a reasonable speed limit. Drive at speeds that are recommended for your roads and weather conditions and maintain extra distance between cars. Also make sure you watch the road carefully for black ice etc and reduce your speed accordingly
6. Stay calm if you do get trapped by a storm or are in an accident/skid
Save on car insurance. Get your free quote now!