Class 5 License Information
Class 7 Learners LicenseHow to get your Class 7 (L) license:
- You must be 16 years or older
- Visit a licensing office to pass a vision test and a written knowledge test about the rules of the road and traffic signs
- Maintain zero blood alcohol level at all times
- You much always be accompanied with a supervising driver who is 25 years or older and has a valid full license
- You must always display a red L sign in your rear window to alert other drivers that you are a new driver
- Restricted to driving between the hours of 5 am and midnight
Class 7 Novice LicenseHow to get your Class 7(N) license:
After 12 months of holding a Class 7(L) license you are eligible to take the Class 7 road test. Upon successful completion of this road test you can obtain your Class 7(N) licenseRules to abide by when driving with a G2 license:
Maintain zero blood alcohol level at all timesDuration license must be held:
24 months (Can be reduced to 18 months if a ministry approved driving course is taken)
Class 5 LicenseHow to get your Class 5 License:
After a minimum of 24 (or 18 if a ministry approved driver course is taken) months of holding a Class 7(N) license you are eligible to take the Class road test. On successful completion of this road test you can obtain your Class 5 license . Upon successful completion of this road test you are able to get your full-privilege Class 5 driver's license.
Save on car insurance. Get your free quote now!